JUVÉDERM VOLUMA is a treatment designed specifically to treat the mid-face area by restoring volume lost during the natural aging process. The amount of volume lost varies from patient to patient, with more drastic losses resulting in obvious and undesired changes to the face. Before the development of VOLUMA, diminishing fullness in the mid-face could only be addressed with surgical procedures. VOLUMA allows for a similar revitalization but without any incisions.
Candidates for JUVÉDERM VOLUMA
- Patients with diminished volume in the mid-face area
- Patients without defined cheekbones
- Patients wanting added volume to their face without a surgical procedure
Did you know?
- S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS gives a scholarship every year at the Medical College of Virginia for the last person accepted to the medical class? People actually vie to be the last one accepted. He did this because he was the last person accepted in his class and ended up first in the class and president of the honors fraternity. He named the scholarship in honor of Dr. Miles Hench, the Dean of Admissions, who had enough belief in Dr. Schlesinger that he gave him a chance to become the plastic surgeon he is today.
- 1991, S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS started a medical clinic for the homeless on Maui, which gave them free medical care. This clinic was started in the Salvation Army located on Kamehameha Avenue near Puunene.
About JUVÉDERM VOLUMA
VOLUMA is an injectable gel and is the first and only filler approved by the FDA to add volume to the cheek area, cheekbones, chin and mid-face. The treatment is known for providing a subtle lift that can make patients look up to five years younger. VOLUMA is often the recommended treatment for Hawaii medical spa patients with larger scale volume loss. For most Hawaii JUVÉDERM VOLUMA patients, the treatment effects last up to twice as long as other fillers that provide similar initial results.
How JUVÉDERM VOLUMA is Administered
Before the treatment is administered, the area will be thoroughly cleaned and prepared. Depending on the patient and the amount of treatment needed, the area may be numbed with a topical cream. VOLUMA is inserted beneath the skin with a very thin needle. Our Hawaii VOLUMA patients report little or no pain during treatment.
From start to finish, treatment takes about 20 minutes and patients are able to return to normal daily activities immediately afterward. Possible side effects include temporary swelling or redness at the treatment site. S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS briefs each patient about the benefits and possible side effects during the consultation process so there are no surprises.
Off label uses for VOLUMA that have proven to be very effective are chin augmentations, getting rid of marionette lines, and lip augmentations to name just a few. S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS is personally impressed with the longevity and consistency of VOLUMA.
Thank you so much for all your kindness and generosity.
Schedule a consultation with Botox specialist, S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS.